Plovdiv is an attractive tourist destination for travelers from all over the world. People from every continent, with different religious beliefs and different interests gather within the city. This city offers something for everyone. Architecture lovers, history and art nerds or simply people fond of nightlife – everyone will find something for themselves.
If you want to visit as many tourist destinations and landmarks as possible it is a good idea to calculate your budget beforehand. Tourists from everywhere often prefer to save on accommodation which is actually a great option. Rooms for accommodation in Plovdiv are very affordable and besides most of them are downtown but on quiet peaceful streets.
This time the guide of Plovdiv lostinplovdiv.com will recommend you some of the nicest and cheapest places for accommodation.
1. Home Hostel Plovdiv – this place welcomes guests from the summer of 2016 and the good reviews are countless. The rooms are furnished with new furniture and televisions and there is a shared kitchen. The hostel offers transportation from the airport too and the building in which you’ll stay if you choose the colourful Home Hostel Plovdiv is located in the city centre. The bathrooms and lavatories are new, the place is clean and there is free wi fi. The place takes cash and the price is 29 levs (14-15E).
6 Georgi Valkovich St
2. Bike Hostel Plovdiv – this is the perfect choice for a one day stay. The place has a yard where you can drink your morning coffee and there is cable TV and laptop available. If you want to have fun ask the hosteller for the cycling, canoeing and fishing which Bike Hostel offers.
You can use free parking and wi fi and the price for spending the night is 35 levs (18E).
17 Exarch Yosif St
3. Hotel Complex Djia beach – well, the place isn’t in the city centre but it offers great atmosphere, cozy and clean rooms and it is near one of the biggest parks in the city, right next to Rowing channel Plovdiv. The hotel spoils it guests with a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, year-round indoor pool, steam room and sauna. Every room has a separate bathroom and there is wi fi available.
The price for a night in the hotel is 35 levs (18E)
17 Sveti Valentin St, Otdih i Kultura Park
4. Allure Hotel – the place is located on one of the busiest boulevard in downtown Plovdiv. The rooms are clean, tidy and air-conditioned. Every single room has wireless internet, cable TV and separate bathroom. Allure offers its guests transportation from the airport. The price is 39 levs (19E) per night.
120 Tsar Boris III Obedinitel St
5. Ulpia House is located in the very centre of Plovdiv on a quiet peaceful street. The bathrooms are shared but you can use the equipped kitchen box and living room. Ulpia offers its guests breakfast which includes coffee or tea. You can choose a family room and pets are welcome. The house offers parking and wi fi.
The price is 39 levs (19E) per night.
17 Tsar Kaloyan St (cornering Ruski Blvd)
6. Bulgaria Star Hotel in Plovdiv welcomes guest from 2011 with a new concept. It is located on the main walking street in the city centre and offers its guests a 24-hours service on reception. You can use cable TV and internet freely and for and extra pay you can have transportation from the airport. The price is 40 (20E) levs per night.
13 Patriarch Evtimii St
7. Hipster guest rooms is located in the heart of the popular art district Kapana. Only a minute walk from the centre of Plovdiv, Hipster guest rooms is one of the favourite places of visitors. With its incredible atmosphere and polite staff there’s no way you wouldn’t want to extend your stay. There is cable TV, wi fi, towels available. Some of the rooms have balconies and the place welcomes pets with a smile. For an extra pay you can have transportation from the airport. The price in Hipster is 43 levs (22E) per night.
1 Hristo Dyukmedzhiev St
8. Hostel Gramophone is located on the main walking street of Plovdiv and right below it is the bar of the same name. Some of the rooms have separate bathrooms and the staff is incredibly polite. The rooms are clean and tidy and have a shared living room and a fully equipped kitchen. Like all the other places hostel Gramophone provides free wi fi for every customer too.
The prices start at 18 levs (9E) per night.
36 Knyaz Alexander St
9. Funky Monkey Hostel is definitely one of the coolest places for accommodation in the city. The hostel is a great choice for young travelers who wander long and wide alone or in a big company. The place has a great location in the city centre and the bathroom is shared. The hostel welcomes pets and offers its guests transportation from the airport as well as wireless internet.
The prices start at 20 levs (10E) per night.
2 Sv. Sv. Kiril and Metodii St
10. Hikers hostel is located in the Old town of Plovdiv near the Ancient theatre. It offers free Wi-Fi, kitchen which gives the possibility of independent cooking, buffet breakfast, bar and barbecue in the summer. You can choose a single room with two separate beds or to be accommodated in a single bed in a shared room. The bathrooms are shared and there is a locker for every guest. Upon request a guided tour of the region can be organized.
The price at Hikers is 20 levs / 10E per night
11. Best rest guest house is one of the places which we highly recommend. It welcomes its guests from February 2016 and the interior is cool, artistic and inspiring. You can choose among several types of accommodation – in a double, triple or shared room and you have fully equipped kitchen available. Every floor has two bathrooms and the ful comfort of your stay will be provided by the polite host as well as the fresh green garden.
The house is on a 3 minute walk from the city centre and it offers free wi fi access.
The price for a night at Best rest guest house start at 25 levs / 13E
13 Peter Parchevich St
These are the recommendations of the Plovdiv guide, which besides saving you a considerable amount of money for accommodation, offer comfort, ease and clean rooms. Make your choice!